The invention of air conditioning is widely acknowledged as a popular modern enhancement of people’s health and quality of life. We usually do not give enough importance to the issues that our air conditioner might face due to neglect. As a result, we end up needing emergency air conditioner repair in Easton, MD, which can be very costly.
Six Indications That Your Air Conditioning Compressor Requires Replacement
- Leaking fluid: The compressor’s purpose is to compress the refrigerant. The refrigerant is a substance that enables the device to cool warm air. The gradual deterioration of the compressor’s bearings over time can cause issues.
In addition to causing AC service in Easton, MD, this can cause serious health issues. Fluid leaking from the machine indicates that the compressor’s bearings need to be replaced or that another repair is necessary.
- The air conditioner produces warm air: Even though the condenser appears to be functioning well, the fact that your system blows warm air instead of cold air is a vital sign that the compressor is failing. The compressor has lost its ability to cool the system; and consequently, it cannot drive the refrigerant throughout the system.
If there is a leakage in the refrigerant system, the air conditioner may lose some of its power to chill the area. If this is the case, you must completely shut down the system and immediately contact a competent HVAC professional for ac repair in Easton, MD.
- Weird sounds: Even if your air conditioning system is not entirely silent, the sounds it makes should not be loud. If you hear this or notice that the system is slow to come on or off, you should contact a professional immediately for assistance. Your air conditioner’s compressor or other internal components may be on the verge of failing.
- The outdoor unit is overheating: If you discover that your outside unit is overheating, the problem may be a malfunctioning compressor. There is a significant likelihood that the problem may worsen over time if the compressor is subjected to an additional load as a result of a partially blocked airflow.
- Exorbitant electric bills: There may be a correlation between increased energy use and the air conditioner’s faulty compressor. It is because when it is not functioning correctly, it is also not operating efficiently, causing it to work for a more extended period.
- Airflow with less strength There is just a tiny reduction in airflow. This indicator is difficult to recognize. However, after a certain period, the flow will get progressively weaker, and the air conditioner will no longer be able to cool the room efficiently.
Therefore, any reduction in airflow, no matter how seemingly insignificant, should prompt you to contact a professional to have an expert inspect your unit.
Maintaining your unit is substantially less expensive than replacing it, given that a well-maintained unit can cool a room for at least ten years before it has to be replaced. Contact Pucketts HVAC to have your system inspected. We also help in all kinds of AC repair in Easton, MD.