As HVAC units work more in the winter, they accumulate considerable dust. They work typically throughout the year, but more so in winters. In areas with a freezing climate, they work harder than usual to keep the cold at bay and to make you feel warm.
However, they are still prone to the cold and need expert guidance from the heating service in Easton, MD, in resolving them.
So, What Are Some Common HVAC Problems During Winter?
HVAC units overuse their components in winter. It can lead to the breaking down of components or minor issues like a dirty filter. Most of these problems are easily resolvable on your own, but the rest require skilled HVAC experts. These experts are familiar with all HVAC units and can set your unit alright!
- Dirty Air Filter: If your furnace is working exceptionally hard in winters, the chances are that there is an issue with the air filter. It might get clogged due to excessive accumulation of dust and dirt or continuous use.
Moreover, a dirty air filter can also lead to high repair costs and high utility bills. So, make sure to change your furnace’s air filter every 90 days to keep your furnace in the best shape possible.
- Freezing of Pipelines: If you have an outdoor unit and its pipelines go through the exterior of your house, then it might get frozen. It can stop the furnace from working and harm the unit in the long run. It usually happens when the temperature is below the freezing point. To avoid this, make sure that you insulate your ducts and pipelines.
- Faulty Thermostat: The chances are that your thermostat is incorrectly set, but it is also possible that its batteries might have depleted. Also, your thermostat might have loose wiring, or maybe it requires re-calibration. In any case, you either need to get it checked out by a technician or need to get a new thermostat altogether.
- Insulation Problems/ Uneven Heating: If all the rooms of your house are not around the same temperature, then your furnace is struggling to heat all the rooms. Additionally, the cause can also be poor insulation of windows and doors.
It can permit cold air from the outside to enter your house and make you feel cold. To prevent this from happening, make sure that your insulation is on point and check if your thermostat is working efficiently.
- Other common problems might be that your pilot light isn’t igniting properly, or your furnace’s flame sensor or burner is too dirty. It would be best to get your furnace cleaned up before starting it for the season.
Puckett’s HVAC offers solutions for all of these problems, as it is the best heating installation company in Easton, MD. Our technicians are experienced and skilled at what they do, and make sure that you only get the best!
If you’re facing a similar problem, then contact us on (443)239-2129 or visit our website so that we can help you solve your HVAC troubles!