An air conditioning filter is essential to your home’s HVAC system. Its primary function is to clean the air circulating through your home by trapping dust, dirt, and other particles. This helps to keep the indoor air quality high and prolong the life of your AC unit.
At Puckett’s HVAC, we provide reliable and affordable AC Repair and AC Service in Easton, MD, and the surrounding areas. Our experienced technicians can help ensure your filter is always clean, and your unit is running at its best.
Contact us for more information or to schedule a service appointment and enjoy the benefits of a well-maintained AC unit that improves indoor air quality in your home.
How Does Your AC Filter Work?
An air conditioning (AC) filter is a device that sits within the AC unit and is responsible for cleaning the air that circulates through your home. The filter is typically made of a pleated material such as fiberglass, paper, or foam, creating a large surface area to trap the particles and keep the air flowing into the AC unit clean.
When the AC runs, the filter captures dust, pollen, pet dander, and other small particles. As they pass through the filter, the larger particles, like dirt, dust, etc., get trapped, and the clean air flows into the AC unit. By trapping these particles, the filter helps to keep the indoor air quality high and prevents the buildup of dust and dirt on the internal components of the AC unit. However, it’s important to note that the filter will eventually become clogged with debris, which can restrict the airflow and lower the efficiency of the AC unit. For this reason, it’s recommended to change the filter regularly, typically every 3-6 months, but depending on usage, environment, and type of filter, the interval can be shorter or longer. We recommend Puckett’s AC service for checking and replacing the filter every three months at minimum if you live in Easton, MD, or the surrounding area.
Adverse Effects Of Running Your AC Without A Filter
Running your AC without a filter can negatively affect your health, home, and AC unit.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: Without a filter to trap dust, dirt, and other particles, the air that circulates through your home will be dirty and can lead to poor indoor air quality. This can aggravate allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues.
- Musty Odors: A clogged filter can also lead to the growth of mold, mildew, and other microorganisms in the AC unit, which can cause musty odors and poor indoor air quality.
- High Energy Bills: When the filter becomes clogged, the airflow is restricted, causing your AC to work harder and less efficiently to cool your home. This can lead to increased energy bills.
- AC Unit Damage: Lack of proper airflow can cause components like the compressor and coils to overheat and malfunction. This can lead to costly repairs or even replacing the entire unit.
- Short Lifespan: Without a filter, dust and debris can accumulate on the internal components of the AC unit, causing it to work harder and less efficiently over time, leading to a shorter lifespan.
In conclusion, running your AC without a filter can seriously affect your home, your health, and your AC unit. It’s important to note that a clean filter is crucial to maintaining the health of your AC unit and providing a clean and healthy environment for your family.
Call At Puckett’s HVAC, we provide comprehensive AC Service in Easton, MD. Our experienced technicians can help ensure your filter is always clean, and your unit is in good working condition.
By choosing us for your AC service needs and AC repair in Easton, MD, you can rest assured that your filter is in good hands. And your AC unit will run efficiently and effectively, providing a comfortable and healthy environment for your family.